Join & Support
NHIG is working to secure the future of heritage ironwork.
We have achieved a great deal since our inauguration in 2009 but we now need your support to develop further. Please help us in our work by becoming a member of NHIG today. This is the best way to ensure that our ironwork heritage receives the care and attention it deserves.
As a member of NHIG, you will be a guardian of the nation’s heritage and the traditional skills that built it.
- Discounts on events
- Complimentary copy of our Illustrated Conservation Principles
- Free advice service
- Inclusion in our online Members Directory resource
- Promotion of your relevant projects through social media & newsletter
As a member of NHIG you will also:
- Develop your knowledge and understanding
- Participate in forums & projects with networking opportunities
- Align your business with sound conservation principles
Our members form a community of practitioners, professionals and enthusiasts with a wide body of accumulated experience and expertise. Since 2009, our members have helped us:
- Establish the first ever National Occupational Standards for blacksmithing
- Publish the first Conservation Principles for Heritage Ironwork
- Run a Bursary Scheme for Blacksmith Conservators
- Develop an Advanced Apprenticeship with the British Artist Blacksmiths Association
- Run CPD courses in the conservation of heritage ironwork
Why not join them for the next stage of the journey when we have plans to:
- Establish a comprehensive 2-year Education & Training Programme
- Hold our first major Heritage Ironwork Conference
- Publish further Guidance booklets
If you would like to receive our quarterly newsletters which contain useful heritage ironwork related articles, guidance, databases and links, please sign up using the form below. Please note, NHIG Members will automatically receive these.