A day of practical guidance which will lead you through the process of writing and understanding specifications on historic ironwork, highlighting pointers and pitfalls in the tendering and procurement process. Includes a tour of the Cathedral.
- Condition reports
- Choosing a method of repair
- Conservation principles
- Historical significance & cultural context
- Purpose of works
- Environment, Timing and Budget
- How to budget for a tendering process
- Examples of how NOT to tender
- What legal and commercial issues should you be aware of?
- Specifying a material which will ensure the right level of workmanship
- Improving tendering techniques
- How to get the best value
- Lines of communication on site
- The value of a proper paper trail
- How to procure / choose a company for the works